Who marched in Boston? Faces and voices from the rally and counterprotest
Watts: When Leaders are Silent, They Are Agreeing With KKK
10 sailors missing in collision between US warship, tanker
SINGAPORE (AP) ? Ten U.S. sailors are missing after a collision between the USS John S. McCain and a tanker early Monday east of Singapore, the second accident involving a ship from the Navy's 7th Fleet in the Pacific in two months.
An Oregon Wildfire is Blazing in the Eclipse's Path of Totality
Couple Who Engaged In Sexual Act Aboard Southwest Airlines Flight Questioned
British boy Julian Cadman was killed in Barcelona attack, family confirms
The grieving family of Julian Cadman, the British boy killed in the Barcelona terror attack, said they will never forget his smiles. The seven-year-old was in the Spanish city with his mother, Jumarie Cadman, to attend a family wedding when they were hit by a rented van as it careered down Las Ramblas, killing 13 and injuring more than 100. Mrs Cadman was seriously injured and in a coma, as of Sunday morning, unaware of her son's death, a senior Catalan Government source told the Telegraph. Julian Cadman, seven, who was killed in the Barcelona terror attack Julian's family confirmed he had been killed in a statement released on Sunday, saying: "Julian was a much loved and adored member of our family. "As he was enjoying the sights of Barcelona with his mother, Julian was sadly taken from us. "He was so energetic, funny and cheeky, always bringing a smile to our faces. "We are so blessed to have had him in our lives and will remember his smiles and hold his memory dear to our hearts." The family thanked those who helped search for Julian in the immediate aftermath of the attack, adding: "Your kindness was incredible during a difficult time. "We also acknowledge we are not the only family to be affected by the events, our prayers and thoughts are with all people affected." It took several days to formally identify Julian's body because DNA confirmation was required, the government source said. Andrew Cadman, the boy's father, heard the news of the attack on the radio last week and on discovering that his son was missing, immediately flew from Sydney to Barcelona, arriving in the early hours of Saturday morning. It is believed he was taken straight to the Ciutat de la Justicia, where victims of the Las Ramblas terror attack were being identified by forensic experts. He was then taken, with a police escort, to the Vall d'Hebron hospital where his wife, who sustained severe injuries, underwent surgery. Mapped: Barcelona van attack Boris Johnson, the Foreign Secretary, said: "I send my sincerest sympathies to the family of Julian Cadman and all those who loved him. His death is a tragedy." Julian was born in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, and lived in the UK for four years, attending Chiddingstone Nursery, set in a castle in the countryside, before the family-of-three moved to Australia three years ago. They return to the UK once a year to visit Mrs Cadman's older sister, Judith, whose daughter Justine's wedding the pair were attending in Barcelona. Julian's paternal grandfather, Tony Cadman, originally from Gillingham, had emigrated to Sydney decades earlier. The family had put out urgent appeals for information about Julian on social media that were removed from the internet on Saturday. Family member Debbie Cadman wrote on Facebook: "It is beyond words what we are experiencing at the moment. We appreciate all prayers and love." Terror in Spain: Dozens killed and injured in Barcelona and Cambrils A pharmacist who comforted Mrs Cadman in the immediate aftermath of the attack has described how she ignored her own as she begged for information about her son. Fouad Bakkali comforted Mrs Cadman as she lay on the floor of his Las Ramblas shop, waiting for paramedics. ?I was with the mother, the Australian mother, until the doctor came,?? he said. ?I was at her side helping her, telling her, ?be calm, don?t worry.?? He said Mrs Cadman appeared to be suffering two broken legs, a back injury and had a large wound on her head. ?She was asking all the time about her little boy. She asked me ?where is my son?. She told me he was seven years old,?? a Mr Bakkali added. ?I told her, 'he is good, it will be OK.' ?I helped to keep her breathing until the doctor?s came." Barcelona attack key articles The Catalan interior department also confirmed the deaths of an Italian and a Belgian national in the Las Ramblas attack. Forensic doctors and police are still working to identify two remaining victims of the 13 killed. Those already named include Luca Rosso, a 35-year-old Italian on holiday with his fiancee, Bruno Gulotta, 35, an Italian father-of-two and Jared Tucker, 42, an American construction worker . Officials said 51 people injured in the attack remain in hospital while 81 have been discharged. The victims hailed from 34 countries including China, Colombia, France, Germany, Honduras and Morocco.
Trump to lay out U.S. strategy for Afghanistan on Monday night
By Steve Holland and John Walcott BRIDGEWATER, N.J./WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump will lay out his long-awaited U.S. strategy for the war in Afghanistan in a prime-time television address to the American people on Monday night, the White House said on Sunday, with a modest increase in U.S. troops possible. A White House statement said Trump's 9 p.m. (0100 GMT Tuesday) speech from Fort Myer, Virginia, near Washington, would "provide an update on the path forward for America's engagement in Afghanistan and South Asia." Trump will be making the third prime-time address of his seven-month-old presidency after a particularly bruising week in which he was widely criticized for blaming both white nationalists and counter-protesters for violence at a Virginia rally this month organized by neo-Nazis and white supremacists.
Indian woman wins divorce over lack of toilet
An Indian court has given a woman permission to divorce her husband because their home did not have a toilet, forcing her to seek relief outdoors. Justice Rajendra Kumar Sharma said women in villages often endured physical pain waiting until darkness to relieve themselves outdoors. The judge labelled open defecation -- a major health problem in India -- disgraceful and deemed it torture to deny women a safe environment for relief, the woman's lawyer Rajesh Sharma told AFP.
Gunman opens fire at Ohio judge, who takes out gun and fires back
The judge was wounded, and the suspect killed, in an 8am shoot out. Jefferson County Judge Joseph Bruzzese Jr was heading to work at a courthouse in Steubenville, Ohio, where he had worked for 20 years, when he was attacked by a lone gunman. Jefferson County Sheriff Fred Abdalla said the suspect in Monday's shooting waited in a car outside the courthouse for almost an hour before Mr Bruzzese arrived.
Iraqi forces must rescue many abducted Yazidis from Tal Afar: Yazidi MP
By Raya Jalabi ERBIL (Reuters) - As Iraqi forces pressed their offensive to retake Tal Afar on Monday, a Yazidi politician urged them to quickly rescue the many Yazidi men, women and children still believed to be held captive in the city by Islamic State militants. Vian Dakhil, a member of the Iraqi parliament, said the fate of children who had been kidnapped, sold or had their identities changed was of particular concern. In a matter of days, more than 3,000 Yazidis were killed and about 6,800 kidnapped, either sold into slavery or conscripted to fight for Islamic State.