Trump reacts to Barcelona terror by touting (debunked) anti-Muslim war crime tale
No Human Remains Found In Search For Natalee Holloway: Prosecutor
Dave Holloway, father of missing Alabama teen Natalee Holloway, said on national television this week that he found human bones in Aruba, where his daughter vanished a dozen years ago, and submitted them for DNA testing.
Chinese state media just released a terribly racist video mocking Indians
A video released by Chinese state media is turning heads for all the wrong reasons. The Xinhua News Agency, China's official press agency, on Wednesday released a video accusing India of committing several "sins." The video features a man dressed in a turban and a fake beard, speaking in a supposed "Indian" accent. SEE ALSO: FaceApp removes racist selfie filters The video, titled "7 Sins of India", comes amid months of increasing tensions between China and India over a border dispute, which has become known as the Doklam standoff. The three-minute long video sees a Chinese presenter explaining the Doklam standoff via a script chiding India, while the Indian "guest star" enacts a mock dialogue to a canned laugh soundtrack. The host accuses India of being a "bad neighbour," saying that Doklam has been internationally recognised as a "part of China." "Didn't your mama tell you [sic] never break the law?" she asks. Image: xinhua/twitterThe video also sees the "Indian man" ? played by a Chinese actor ? chirping in to repeat what the presenter has said, speaking in a strong faux accent. Many have criticised the video's racist angle. This is poorly produced, racist & distasteful. No tact. Air your grievances maturely, not like a vindictive child @XHNews. You can do better ? Ryan Pino (@Ryan_Pino213) August 17, 2017 China's official news agency Xinhua mocks India, (attempts to) mimic Indian accent in racist video tht parodies a turbaned Indian @htTweets https://t.co/M7xvBSaBBt ? sutirtho patranobis (@spatranobis) August 16, 2017 FYI @XHNews: It's not okay in the 21st century to have someone dress up in a turban, mock an Indian accent. Shocking from official agency. pic.twitter.com/1oC0MsOG59 ? Ananth Krishnan (@ananthkrishnan) August 16, 2017 Yes, the Indian caricature is crude & racist. Loads of racist comments online from Indians, but not clever for @XHNews to follow this path. ? Kin F. Kam (@DrKinKam) August 16, 2017 Wow, Xinhua has gone full racist!? https://t.co/afUsvonTgx ? Carl Zha (@CarlZha) August 16, 2017 According to Sadanand Dhume, an analyst at the American Enterprise Institute, the video shows that Beijing has "absolutely no intention of treating India as an equal." "Instead of framing the disagreement with India as a legitimate dispute, Beijing has chosen to dismiss or mock New Delhi's concerns," he says in a blogpost. The two countries have for months been locked in a standoff after India blocked Chinese efforts to extend a border road through Doklam, a plateau that is claimed by both Bhutan and China. India, who is one of Bhutan's biggest allies, is concerned that the road would give China greater access to parts of India and is backing Bhutan's claim over the land. It later sent troops to stop China's construction of the road. As of now, both countries have yet to withdraw from the area. WATCH: Here?s how many people in the U.S. will possibly see the eclipse
White supremacist cries on camera as he describes 'terror' over arrest warrant
A white supremacist who helped organise the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, has appeared on camera crying as he describes his fear of arrest. Chris Cantwell, a racist who previously claimed he and others would "f***ing kill" anti-fascist demonstrators for interfering with their right to express their views, sobs uncontrollably in the clip. The blogger was featured in a Vice News documentary filmed before, during and after the rally in Virginia turned violent.
10-Year-Old Indian Rape Victim Delivers Baby After Denied Abortion
911 Call Reveals Harrowing Escape of Woman Cops Call 'James Bond' After She Jumped Out of Car
U.S. Navy to remove senior leaders of warship after deadly June crash
By Idrees Ali WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Navy will relieve the two senior officers and the senior enlisted sailor on a U.S. warship that collided with a Philippine container ship in June off the coast of Japan, the Navy said on Thursday, A separate official report released on Thursday contained dramatic accounts of what happened when the freighter hit the USS Fitzgerald, killing seven Navy sailors. Admiral Bill Moran, deputy chief of naval operations, told reporters that the USS Fitzgerald's commander, executive officer and master chief petty officer would be removed. Multiple U.S. and Japanese investigations are still under way into how the Fitzgerald, a guided missile destroyer, and the much larger ACX Crystal container ship collided in clear weather south of Tokyo Bay in the early hours of June 17.
Neo-Nazis love media attention. But ignoring them isn't an option | Bob Garfield
There is a genuine conflict of two public interests: the collateral damage of publicity versus the right to know. First there was the violence Saturday in Charlottesville, Virginia, where crowds of neo-Nazis, Klansmen, white nationalists and assorted alt-right mouthbreathers were televised chanting racist and antisemitic slogans and roughing up counter-protesters, culminating in the death of one woman. Yep, some of the finest neo-Nazis this great country has to offer.
Southern anger: Nazis, KKK 'hijacking' Confederate debate
CHULAFINNEE, Ala. (AP) ? White Southerners who equate Old South symbols with regional pride rather than hate are even more on the defensive since neo-Nazis, Ku Klux Klansmen and other extremists became the face of the fight over Confederate monuments.
Several people stabbed in Finnish city of Turku
Several people were stabbed in an knife attack in the Finnish city of Turku on Friday but it was not immediately clear if this was a militant action or had some other motive. The Turun Sanomat newspaper reported that at least one person was killed in the attack. Newspaper Helsingin Sanomat said eight people had been taken to hospital following the stabbings, some of them are in critical condition.