Nichols, IA Yellow Pages | GoMyLocal.com - MUSCATINE Iowa NICHOLS 319 52766

Search By Category

Nichols, IA

  • Local Listings

  • News

  • Jobs

  • Tweets


1234 Your Address
Nichols, IA 52766
 
 
Your Phone #
Your Fax #
 
Directions
Website
 

 
Auto Service & Repair
416 Ijem Avenue
Nichols , IA 52766
 
0 Reviews
   Write Review
(319) 723-4223
  bookmark this business Bookmark
 
Directions
 
 
 
431 Ijem Avenue
Nichols , IA 52766
 
0 Reviews
   Write Review
(319) 723-0502
  bookmark this business Bookmark
 
Directions
 
 
 
400 Main Street
Nichols , IA 52766
 
0 Reviews
   Write Review
(319) 723-4412
  bookmark this business Bookmark
 
Directions
 
 
 
Hospital Equipment & Supplies Retail
705 Ijem Avenue
Nichols , IA 52766
 
0 Reviews
   Write Review
(319) 723-4545
  bookmark this business Bookmark
 
Directions
 
 

Confederate monuments testify to the Union's unfinished victory

Confederate monuments testify to the Union's unfinished victoryThe violence that erupted in Charlottesville, Va., is emblematic of an old American tradition of progressivism followed by racist reaction.



Barcelona attack victims: dead named, as desperate search continues for seven-year-old British-born boy

Barcelona attack victims: dead named, as desperate search continues for seven-year-old British-born boyFamily and friends have confirmed the death of loved ones following the attack in  Barcelona which killed at least 14 people and left many others injured. There are also missing people - relatives have been searching high and low, desperate for their loved ones to be safe. Here is all we know on the missing and the dead. The missing seven-year-old The family of a British-born seven-year-old boy has posted on Facebook begging for his safe return after he was separated from his injured mother. Julian Cadman was out in Barcelona with his mother when the terrorist's van struck where they were walking, separating them. The last photo of missing Aussie Julian Cadman before Barcelona attack, including the clothes he was wearing > MORE: https://t.co/Uk3O9oPFuapic.twitter.com/g1EYlTkokm? Herald Sun (@theheraldsun) August 18, 2017 The two were reportedly there to attend a wedding. His father Andrew Cadman said he had spoken to his son only hours before he went missing. Cadman was travelling to Barcelona to search for Julian. The little boy moved out to Australia three years ago, according to relatives.   He attended Chiddingstone Nursery in Kent before moving out to Sydney with his mother, who is from the Philippines, and his Australian father. A family member said that at the time of the attack he was wearing a white shirt with a collar, and shorts. His hair has grown, and it is long now. The little boy in a picture his mother shared on Facebook Jumarie 'Jom' Cadman, the mother of Julian, was found in hospital and is in a serious but stable condition. The aunt of seven-year-old Julian Cadman says the family is desperate for news of their "sweet, bubbly" boy who has been missing since the atrocity. Norma Canaveral, who works at London's Cromwell Hospital, says Julian refers to her as granny and described him as "lovely, bubbly and sweet" child who loves to dance. How the Barcelona and Cambrils terror attacks unfolded 02:07 He had been attending a family wedding in Barcelona when the terrorist's van struck his mother Jom who is currently in a coma. Mrs Canaveral's daughters and Julian's cousins, Christabel Juguilon and  Norie-Jean Brown, spent Thursday ringing relatives for news as his Australian father makes a frantic dash across to Spain to search for his son. Julian's mother suffered multiple fractures and facial injuries as the terrorist's van struck her as they walk along Las Rambas. Julian was born in Tunbridge, Kent, and attended the prestigious Chiddingstone Nursery, set in a castle,before the family of three moved to Australia three years ago. Mr Cadman's father Tony, originally from Dorset, lives in Australia, and made an emotional appeal for news of his grandson. His father Andrew, a cabinet maker, heard the news on the radio at work. British dual national child missing after Spain terror attacks, says May 01:46 His cousin, George Cadman, wrote on Facebook: "My cousin, Julian Alessandro Cadman is missing. Please like and share. We have found Jom (his Mum, my cousin-in-law) and she is in a serious but stable condition in hospital. "Julian is 7 years old and was out with Jom when they were separated, due to the recent terrorist activity. Please share, especially if you have family or friends in Barcelona. Thank you." His grandfather, Tony Cadman, who is from Dorset originally but now lives in Australia, wrote: "My Grandson, Julian Alessandro Cadman is missing. Please like and share. We have found Jom (my daughter in law) and she is serious but stable condition in hospital." 'Compassionate, generous' Canadian father named as dead in attack Ian Moore Wilson has been identified as dead. Ian Moore Wilson Credit: Family of Ian Moore Wilson  His daughter, Vancouver police Staff Sgt. Fiona Wilson, issued this statement:  "My dad, Ian Moore Wilson, was a much-loved husband, father, brother, and grandfather, who lived a healthy, active life alongside his partner of 53 years, my mum, Valerie. "He was compassionate, generous, adventurous, and always game for a lively debate, a good book, exploring new places, and a proper-sized pint.  In the midst of this tragedy, my dad would want those around him to focus on the extraordinary acts of human kindness that our family has experienced over the past several days, and that is exactly what we intend to do.  "From our policing colleagues and friends at the Vancouver Police Department and the RCMP, who have been unwavering in their love and support; to Albert, who threw a family member on the back of his scooter to rush him to the hospital after tragedy struck; to the Air Canada employee who offered up a personal discount pass to make emergency flights more affordable; to the people who assisted my dad in his final moments, and those who focused on my mum?s urgent medical attention and aftercare; and to the Catalonian first responders who put their lives at risk for the safety of others. "These are the things we will choose to focus on when we endeavour to come to terms with the senseless violence and acts of hatred that have taken loved ones before their time. My dad?s passing leaves an immense void in our tight-knit family. He was desperately loved by us all and will be dearly missed." Earlier on Friday Prime Minister Justin Trudeau confirmed one Canadian had died and that four had suffered injuries during the attack, but did not name the victim. Belgian town mourns woman killed Elke Vanbockrijck was killed in the attack, according to friends, colleagues and the stricken town she was from. She was the mother of two young sons, aged 10 and 14. Authorities said she was on holiday with her husband and sons when she was run down and killed by a terrorist. The town of Tongeren is opening a memorial book for the fallen woman, who according to friends was a football fan and a lot of fun. According to people who live in the town, Mrs Vanbockrijck worked at the local bank. One said: "She worked at the window at the 'Bank van de Post' where I'm a client. Heartfelt condolences for family and friends in this terrible drama ". A colleague said: "Rest in peace! We're going to miss you at work but also at the football!"  A friend wrote: "Super woman, honey of a mom, everything you want in a friend or colleague! And then she gets taken away from us! Terrible, strength to all colleagues and especially to the family and Vic and Gus" Belgium's foreign affairs minister, Didier Reynders, previously said a Belgian citizen was also among the dead. Een Tongerse werd vandaag slachtoffer van de laffe aanslag in Barcelona. Namens alle Tongenaren mijn deelneming aan familie en vrienden.? Patrick Dewael (@PatrickDewael) August 17, 2017 The mayor of Tongeren confirmed a woman from the town had died. Family mourns Spanish grandfather Francisco Lopez Rodriguez desaparecido foto en las ramblas antes del atentado pic.twitter.com/8AHq9m2eK3? Raquel Baron Lopez (@rachelbaron1976) August 18, 2017 Francisco López Rodríguez, who 60 years old and a native of Lanteira (Granada), was reported missing by stricken family members following the terror attack. He was pictured on Las Ramblas before a van careened into pedestrians, including Mr Rodríguez, who according to family members died on the spot. ha fallecido en el acto, en el impacto por eso no estaba en ninguna lista acabamos de recibir noticia no puedo seguir Gracias? Raquel Baron Lopez (@rachelbaron1976) August 18, 2017 Raquel Baron Lopez, his niece, posted a series of desperate tweets saying she was looking for him in hospitals across the city, but to no avail. She let her followers know the tragic news when she learned her uncle died when he was mown over by the van. Four other members of her family went missing - but were safely located in the hours following the attack. Dead Italian father-of-two mourned by friends and colleagues Among the 14 dead is Italian father-of-two Bruno Gullotta. His place of work, Tom's Hardware, confirmed that the 35-year-old had died in the attack. He leaves behind his partner, young mother Martina Gullotta, and his two children. Bruno The company wrote on Facebook: "He was a friend, a father and a colleague. "He was one of us at Tom's hardware, everyone knew who he was. We're all going to miss him. "A big hug to Martina and the kids." His colleague said his heart was going out to the children, "little Alexander, who is preparing to start elementary school with the awareness that his life and family will no longer be the same. "And then we think of the little Aria, who does not have the horrible scene in her eyes but will never know her dad. " The father-of-two worked in marketing and sales at the company. A colleague writes: "He was able to lead a rich family life and a brilliant professional career with a balance- and that I will always envy him." Italian man dies next to fiancee Luca Russo pictured next to a woman believed to be his fiancee Credit: Facebook The Italian foreign ministry identified the second Italian killed as Luca Russo, who was on holiday with his fiancée. She was injured but was not in serious condition. He was from Bassano Grappa in the northern province of Treviso and worked at a company in Padua. Both Luca and his girlfriend Marta Scomazzon were volunteers at the Green Cross, according to local police. According to local media, he was 25 years old and was an engineering graduate. His sister wrote an hour before he was identified as dead: "help me bring him home, please". "We are born without bringing anything, we die without taking away anything. And in the middle we argue for something," was the last thing he posted on his Facebook page. In 2015, after the Paris attacks, Luca Russo had posted a Eiffel tower, writing "peace" and "Religion is the opium of the people". The President of Veneto, Luca Zaia, said: "Veneto loses one of its children. "Memory can only return to the Bataclan attack, where our Valeria Solesin was barbarously killed". A 75-year-old Spaniard named as victim Pepita Codina, 75, from the Spanish town of Sant Hipòlit de Voltregà was named as one of the thirteen victims. The town's mayor, Xavier Vilamala, confirmed her death in a message on Twitter. Sara Sanchez Crosas, who said she was her hairdresser, also posted about the news of her death on Facebook. A friend wrote on Facebook: "Sons of b----s in yesterday's attack on las ramblas have killed Pepita Codina, one of the best people I've ever met... my parents best friend... ". A three-year-old child among those dead A three-year-old child is among those confirmed dead, Spanish media reported. The child is from  Rubi in Barcelona and was apparently taken to San Pau hospital but could not be saved. Fifteen of the victims were last night in critical condition. In Australia,  Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop confirmed that four Australians had been hurt in the attack, while one person is missing. Barcelona terror attack, in pictures Twenty-six French citizens were injured, with at least 11 of them in serious condition, the French Foreign Affairs Ministry said in a statement. A spokesman for Spain's civil protection had earlier said said that among the victims in the popular seaside city were nationals from France, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Argentina, Venezuela, Belgium, Australia, Hungary, Peru, Romania, Ireland, Greece, Cuba, Macedonia, China, Italy and Algeria - without detailing whether he was referring to those who died or were injured. American Jared Tucker confirmed among dead Heidi Nunes was on a blissful holiday with her husband Jared Tucker, a 42-year-old construction worker, when disaster struck. Mr Tucker's family confirmed on Friday afternoon that he was among the dead. His father told the New York Daily News: "We just got the text - Jared's body was identified at the morgue by his wife. It's just something we really just don't understand. I don't know what else to say." The two were in the path of the terrorist-driven vehicle - and ended up becoming separated. The two on Las Rambas The couple from Walnut Creek, California, were celebrating their first wedding anniversary in Europe, and had just finished drinks on Las Rambas when the van came out of nowhere. "Next thing I know there's screaming yelling," Ms Nunes, a 40-year-old teacher, told NBC News. "I got pushed inside the souvenir kiosk and stayed there hiding while everybody kept running by screaming." In the image above, she is with her husband at a bar in Las Rambas around an hour before she lost him. "They were walking through downtown when he stopped to use the restroom, moments later all hell broke loose and Heidi was swept up in the terrified crowd and she lost sight of Jared," brother-in-law Kalani Kalanui said. A spokesman for the State Department said: "The US consulate general in Barcelona continues to work with local authorities to identify and provide assistance to US citizens affected by the terrorist attacks in Las Ramblas and Cambrils. "At this time we can confirm that one US citizen was killed. We can also confirm that one US citizen sustained minor injuries. "Out of respects for the family?s privacy in their time of grief, we have no further comment. Spanish authorities report that there are still several casualties that are not yet identified." Barcelona attack key articles Spanish woman killed in Cambrils attack Ana Maria Suarez, 61, from Zaragoza, north-east Spain, was with her husband and sister, who were both injured in the attack, according to Radio Television Espanola. The Spanish Royal Family Twitter account confirmed her death, offering their thoughts to her family. Portuguese woman among the victims A Portuguese  woman understood to be in her early 70s was killed in the Barcelona terror attack, the country?s main news agency reported. Argentine-Spanish dual national killed Silvina Alejandra Pereyra Argentina's foreign ministry said a 40-year-old woman, Silvina Alejandra Pereyra, who had dual Spanish-Argentinian citizenship was among the dead. She had lived in Barcelona for a decade.



Natalee Holloway's Dad Leads Investigators In New Special as Authorities Dispute Discovery of Remains

Natalee Holloway's Dad Leads Investigators In New Special as Authorities Dispute Discovery of RemainsDave Holloway said he originally did not want her to go on the trip.



Southern anger: Nazis, KKK 'hijacking' Confederate debate

Southern anger: Nazis, KKK 'hijacking' Confederate debateCHULAFINNEE, Ala. (AP) ? White Southerners who equate Old South symbols with regional pride rather than hate are even more on the defensive since neo-Nazis, Ku Klux Klansmen and other extremists became the face of the fight over Confederate monuments.



9 Travel Ideas for Adrenaline Junkies

9 Travel Ideas for Adrenaline Junkies



One Tweet Perfectly Captures Why America Doesn't Need Confederate Statues

One Tweet Perfectly Captures Why America Doesn't Need Confederate StatuesA tweet about Confederate statues is resonating with hundreds of thousands of people. Jamil Smith, a Los Angeles-based writer who has contributed to The New York Times, the Washington Post and the Daily Beast, had a great response to those who believe the removal of Confederate statues will ?erase? history.



Furor erupts over killing of teenager as Philippines drugs war escalates

Furor erupts over killing of teenager as Philippines drugs war escalatesBy Erik De Castro and Manuel Mogato MANILA (Reuters) - The Philippines police came under pressure on Friday to explain the killing of a high-school student after the 17-year-old became one of at least 80 people shot dead this week in an escalation of President Rodrigo Duterte's ruthless war on drugs. Television channels aired CCTV footage that showed Kian Loyd Delos Santos being carried by two men to the place where his body was later found, raising doubt about an official report that said he was shot because he fired at police officers first. Witnesses told the ABS-CBN channel that the teenager did not have a firearm and police officers at the scene handed him a gun, asked him to fire the weapon and run.



Saudi coalition killed hundreds of children in Yemen, confidential UN report claims

Saudi coalition killed hundreds of children in Yemen, confidential UN report claimsThe Saudi military coalition ? which receives logistical support, weapons and political backing from the US and UK ? has been accused of killing hundreds of children in Yemen, according to a confidential UN report. The report, which has yet to be made public and could still be changed, says that 51 per cent of all child deaths and injuries in Yemen last year were the result of the Saudi-led military operation. Saudi Arabia has insisted it is operating within international law.



Neo-Nazis love media attention. But ignoring them isn't an option | Bob Garfield

Neo-Nazis love media attention. But ignoring them isn't an option | Bob GarfieldThere is a genuine conflict of two public interests: the collateral damage of publicity versus the right to know. First there was the violence Saturday in Charlottesville, Virginia, where crowds of neo-Nazis, Klansmen, white nationalists and assorted alt-right mouthbreathers were televised chanting racist and antisemitic slogans and roughing up counter-protesters, culminating in the death of one woman. Yep, some of the finest neo-Nazis this great country has to offer.



The Women Behind the 'Alt-Right'

The Women Behind the 'Alt-Right'Last Friday night, the white nationalists who marched on Charlottesville?s Emancipation Park all looked strikingly similar. They were almost exclusively white, of course. But they were also relatively young. And with a handful of exceptions, they were men.