Trump's Afghanistan war speech: What to watch for
Who marched in Boston? Faces and voices from the rally and counterprotest
When Is The Next Total Solar Eclipse In US?
British boy Julian Cadman was killed in Barcelona attack, family confirms
The grieving family of Julian Cadman, the British boy killed in the Barcelona terror attack, said they will never forget his smiles. The seven-year-old was in the Spanish city with his mother, Jumarie Cadman, to attend a family wedding when they were hit by a rented van as it careered down Las Ramblas, killing 13 and injuring more than 100. Mrs Cadman was seriously injured and in a coma, as of Sunday morning, unaware of her son's death, a senior Catalan Government source told the Telegraph. Julian Cadman, seven, who was killed in the Barcelona terror attack Julian's family confirmed he had been killed in a statement released on Sunday, saying: "Julian was a much loved and adored member of our family. "As he was enjoying the sights of Barcelona with his mother, Julian was sadly taken from us. "He was so energetic, funny and cheeky, always bringing a smile to our faces. "We are so blessed to have had him in our lives and will remember his smiles and hold his memory dear to our hearts." The family thanked those who helped search for Julian in the immediate aftermath of the attack, adding: "Your kindness was incredible during a difficult time. "We also acknowledge we are not the only family to be affected by the events, our prayers and thoughts are with all people affected." It took several days to formally identify Julian's body because DNA confirmation was required, the government source said. Andrew Cadman, the boy's father, heard the news of the attack on the radio last week and on discovering that his son was missing, immediately flew from Sydney to Barcelona, arriving in the early hours of Saturday morning. It is believed he was taken straight to the Ciutat de la Justicia, where victims of the Las Ramblas terror attack were being identified by forensic experts. He was then taken, with a police escort, to the Vall d'Hebron hospital where his wife, who sustained severe injuries, underwent surgery. Mapped: Barcelona van attack Boris Johnson, the Foreign Secretary, said: "I send my sincerest sympathies to the family of Julian Cadman and all those who loved him. His death is a tragedy." Julian was born in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, and lived in the UK for four years, attending Chiddingstone Nursery, set in a castle in the countryside, before the family-of-three moved to Australia three years ago. They return to the UK once a year to visit Mrs Cadman's older sister, Judith, whose daughter Justine's wedding the pair were attending in Barcelona. Julian's paternal grandfather, Tony Cadman, originally from Gillingham, had emigrated to Sydney decades earlier. The family had put out urgent appeals for information about Julian on social media that were removed from the internet on Saturday. Family member Debbie Cadman wrote on Facebook: "It is beyond words what we are experiencing at the moment. We appreciate all prayers and love." Terror in Spain: Dozens killed and injured in Barcelona and Cambrils A pharmacist who comforted Mrs Cadman in the immediate aftermath of the attack has described how she ignored her own as she begged for information about her son. Fouad Bakkali comforted Mrs Cadman as she lay on the floor of his Las Ramblas shop, waiting for paramedics. ?I was with the mother, the Australian mother, until the doctor came,?? he said. ?I was at her side helping her, telling her, ?be calm, don?t worry.?? He said Mrs Cadman appeared to be suffering two broken legs, a back injury and had a large wound on her head. ?She was asking all the time about her little boy. She asked me ?where is my son?. She told me he was seven years old,?? a Mr Bakkali added. ?I told her, 'he is good, it will be OK.' ?I helped to keep her breathing until the doctor?s came." Barcelona attack key articles The Catalan interior department also confirmed the deaths of an Italian and a Belgian national in the Las Ramblas attack. Forensic doctors and police are still working to identify two remaining victims of the 13 killed. Those already named include Luca Rosso, a 35-year-old Italian on holiday with his fiancee, Bruno Gulotta, 35, an Italian father-of-two and Jared Tucker, 42, an American construction worker . Officials said 51 people injured in the attack remain in hospital while 81 have been discharged. The victims hailed from 34 countries including China, Colombia, France, Germany, Honduras and Morocco.
Spain attacks: The imam who 'ate up the brains' of youths
A dead Moroccan imam has become a key target of the probe into Spain's twin terror attacks, suspected of having created the cell in a picturesque town near the Spanish Pyrenees that allegedly launched the deadly assaults last week. The blast likely changed the plans of the attackers, who instead used vehicles to smash into pedestrians on Barcelona's busy Las Ramblas boulevard and in the seaside resort town of Cambrils. "On Tuesday morning, he left saying he was going on vacation to Morocco," said fruit-seller Nordeen El Haji, 45, who four months ago moved into the apartment that Satty occupied in Ripoll.
The Total Solar Eclipse Is Finally Here And The Photos Don't Disappoint
Teenager's final hours captured in photos taken by ex-boyfriend before he shot her and pushed body off a cliff
Jolee Callan, 18, was shot twice in the head by former partner Loren Bunner after he convinced her to go hiking in east Alabama in August 2015. Three more photos show Ms Callan walking the dog and later holding the dog while looking out at a view after hiking up a mountain in Cheaha State Park. Police said Bunner called 911 to report he had ?murdered his ex-girlfriend? while driving home from the crime scene and pulled over to wait for the authorities, according to the Shelby County Reporter.
Vehicle rams into bus shelters in Marseille kills one
Plane Passenger Forced to Sit In Puddle Of Urine For Entire 11-Hour Flight
Syria's Assad says Western plots against him foiled but war not yet won
By Suleiman Al-Khalidi AMMAN (Reuters) - Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said on Sunday his country had foiled Western designs to topple him but his army had not yet won the fight to end Syria's six-year-old insurgency. In an televised address, Assad said that even though there were signs of victory after six-and-a-half years of civil war, the "battle continues, and where we go later and it becomes possible to talk about victory...that's a different matter". "Their direct support - politically, economically and militarily - has made possible bigger advances on the battlefield and reduced the losses and burdens of war," Assad added.