Coast Guard: Search goes on for 5 lost after boats capsize
More than 2,500 confirmed dead in Nepal earthquake
Schmuacher Jnr claims maiden victory in Formula Four
Mick Schumacher Jnr enhanced the famous name on Sunday by claiming victory in only his third Formula Four race on his debut weekend in the sport. The 16-year-old son of seven-time Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher posted a winning time of 30mins 59.920secs over the 18 laps at the Oschersleben track, between Hanover and Berlin. His Van Amersfoort Racing team-mate Joey Mawson, 18, of Australia finished second, 0.518secs back. Having started second on the grid, Schumacher Jnr led from the front living up to the famous name by controlling the race without any mistakes.
'Furious 7' tops 'Adaline' to lead box office for 4th weekNEW YORK (AP) ? "Furious 7" had enough left in the tank to top "The Age of Adaline" and lead the box office for a fourth straight week.
Kenya's Kipchoge adds London title to marathon collection
Eliud Kipchoge led a Kenyan clean sweep of the podium places as he won the men's London Marathon on Sunday in an unofficial time of two hours, four minutes and 41 seconds. The final mile saw former world 5,000 metres champion Kipchoge sprint clear of Wilson Kipsang, last year's London winner, with world record-holder Dennis Kimetto finishing in third place. Victory saw Kipchoge add the London title to his wins in last year's Rotterdam and Chicago marathons. His winning time on Sunday was well outside Kipsang's London record of 2hrs 04 mins and 29 secs set last year but as he smiled and waved to the crowd down the finishing straight, it was clear that victory meant more to Kipchoge than a fast time.
Activists: Syrian air raids kill 34 in northwestern town
East Libya AGOCO oil company says producing 270,000 bpd
BENGHAZI (Reuters) - The eastern Libyan state firm AGOCO is producing 270,000 barrels of oil per day, a company spokesman said on Sunday. Its Hariga port was expecting a tanker to lift on Sunday 630,000 barrels of crude, another oil official said. Another tanker was docked at the eastern Zueitina port to lift 650,000 barrels of crude, a third official said.
Nepal's hospitals swamped as quake toll passes 2,400, thousands injured
By Gopal Sharma and Sanjeev Miglani KATHMANDU (Reuters) - Overwhelmed doctors moved hundreds of patients onto the streets of Nepal's capital on Sunday when aftershocks rattled hospitals and buildings already damaged by an earthquake that killed more than 2,400 people and devastated Kathmandu valley. Sick and wounded people lay on a dusty road outside Kathmandu Medical College while hospital workers carried more patients out of the building on stretchers and sacks. The aftershock, itself a strong 6.7 magnitude quake, triggered more avalanches in the Himalayas after Saturday's 7.9 quake - which unleashed Everest's worst disaster and was the strongest since 1934 when 8,500 people were killed. Outside the National Trauma Centre in Kathmandu, patients in wheelchairs who had been under treatment before the earthquake hit joined hundreds of injured with fractured and bloody limbs, who lay inside tents made from hospital sheets.
In Kathmandu Valley, quake-hit Nepalis fend for themselvesBy Ross Adkin DHADING, Nepal (Reuters) - Barely any sign of an organized relief effort was visible outside Nepal's capital on Sunday, as aid agencies struggled to fly and truck relief supplies to a country stricken by its worst earthquake in eight decades. In the lush Dhading farming district 80 km (50 miles) outside Kathmandu, people camped in the open, the hospital was overflowing, the power was off and shops were closed. Many people have died," said English teacher Chandra Lama, whose home village lies two hours' drive further west. "We are waiting to see what the government will do." More than 1,100 people - or half of the total confirmed dead in Nepal - were in the Kathmandu Valley, a crossroads of the ancient civilizations of Asia and economic hub of the Himalayan nation of 28 million.
US softens stance on hostage ransoms: report
US officials are expected to stop prosecuting families of American hostages who communicate with kidnappers abroad or raise funds and pay ransoms, ABC news reported Sunday. A National Counterterrorism Center advisory group, ordered by the White House, is expected to recommend what would mark a radical shift in US hostage policy, according to the report. The NCTC interviewed families of hostages, including the parents of journalist James Foley, who was killed by Islamic State fighters. Foley's mother Diane has said that officials from President Barack Obama's administration repeatedly told her family it was illegal to try to raise a ransom to free her son, and warned that her family could face prosecution for doing so.