Trump reacts to Barcelona terror by touting (debunked) anti-Muslim war crime tale
Hero police officer shot dead four terrorists in Cambrils and saved injured partner's life
An outnumbered police officer shot dead four of the five terrorists who attacked the seaside city of Cambrils last night, saving his injured partner?s life, according to a dramatic account of the shootout. The officers were carrying out a routine check at a roundabout near the seafront of Cambrils when the terrorists launched their attack, which, it was confirmed today, killed one woman. Their white Audi A3, coming from the direction of the city, ploughed through four pedestrians before smashing into the police car and overturning. The crash left one officer with a broken tibia and an injured head. According to a report in the La Vanguardia newspaper, the five men got out of the overturned vehicle, armed with knives and axes, and wearing false explosives. The overturned car used in the attack in Cambrils Credit: LLUIS GENE/AFP The hero police office shot down four of the terrorists and the fifth fled in the direction of a nearby park, stabbing a pedestrian in the face with a knife. He was gunned down by a separate police officer. The chief of Mossa, the Catalan police force, confirmed that one officer had killed the four terrrorists. Josep Luis Trapero told reporters at a press conference: "To kill four people, even if you are a professional, is not easy to digest." Video footage has emerged of one of the terrorists taunting police before being shot down. A British tourist told how families and residents were ordered to take cover as bullets tore through the air in a scene he described as being like "watching a horror film". Terror in Spain: Dozens killed and injured in Barcelona and Cambrils A total of five civilians were injured in the attack with a sixth dying from her injuries in hospital. Cambrils is tourist city 74 miles south of Barcelona, where a van had earlier sped into a street packed full of tourists, killing 13 people and injuring around 100 others. Police said the suspects in Cambrils carried bomb belts, which were detonated by a police bomb squad. Earlier in Barcelona a van had sped into a street packed full of tourists, killing 13 people and injuring around 100 others. One tourist told how families and residents were ordered to take cover as bullets tore through the air in a scene he described as being like "watching a horror film". A terrorist heads towards police armed with a knife Credit: Sky News A total of five civilians were injured in the attack with a sixth dying from her injuries in hospital. Cambril is tourist city 74 miles south of Barcelona, where a van had earlier sped into a street packed full of tourists, killing 13 people and injuring around 100 others. Police said the suspects in Cambrils carried bomb belts, which were detonated by a police bomb squad. Earlier in Barcelona a van had sped into a street packed full of tourists, killing 13 people and injuring around 100 others. Barcelona attack key articles
Stonewall Jackson's Descendants Want His Monuments Taken Down
While attendees at last Saturday?s violent ?Unite The Right? rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, may want to keep monuments to generals like Robert E. Lee and Thomas ?Stonewall? Jackson standing, some relatives of the Confederate leaders do not. On Monday, the Rev. Robert Wright Lee, IV, the former general?s great-great-great-great-nephew, said that he believed it was time to take down the statues of his ancestor. Now, William Jackson Christian and Warren Edmund Christian, the great-great-grandsons of Stonewall Jackson, also want statues honoring the Confederate general removed from public display in their home town of Richmond, Virginia, and other cities as well.
Chinese state media just released a terribly racist video mocking Indians
A video released by Chinese state media is turning heads for all the wrong reasons. The Xinhua News Agency, China's official press agency, on Wednesday released a video accusing India of committing several "sins." The video features a man dressed in a turban and a fake beard, speaking in a supposed "Indian" accent. SEE ALSO: FaceApp removes racist selfie filters The video, titled "7 Sins of India", comes amid months of increasing tensions between China and India over a border dispute, which has become known as the Doklam standoff. The three-minute long video sees a Chinese presenter explaining the Doklam standoff via a script chiding India, while the Indian "guest star" enacts a mock dialogue to a canned laugh soundtrack. The host accuses India of being a "bad neighbour," saying that Doklam has been internationally recognised as a "part of China." "Didn't your mama tell you [sic] never break the law?" she asks. Image: xinhua/twitterThe video also sees the "Indian man" ? played by a Chinese actor ? chirping in to repeat what the presenter has said, speaking in a strong faux accent. Many have criticised the video's racist angle. This is poorly produced, racist & distasteful. No tact. Air your grievances maturely, not like a vindictive child @XHNews. You can do better ? Ryan Pino (@Ryan_Pino213) August 17, 2017 China's official news agency Xinhua mocks India, (attempts to) mimic Indian accent in racist video tht parodies a turbaned Indian @htTweets https://t.co/M7xvBSaBBt ? sutirtho patranobis (@spatranobis) August 16, 2017 FYI @XHNews: It's not okay in the 21st century to have someone dress up in a turban, mock an Indian accent. Shocking from official agency. pic.twitter.com/1oC0MsOG59 ? Ananth Krishnan (@ananthkrishnan) August 16, 2017 Yes, the Indian caricature is crude & racist. Loads of racist comments online from Indians, but not clever for @XHNews to follow this path. ? Kin F. Kam (@DrKinKam) August 16, 2017 Wow, Xinhua has gone full racist!? https://t.co/afUsvonTgx ? Carl Zha (@CarlZha) August 16, 2017 According to Sadanand Dhume, an analyst at the American Enterprise Institute, the video shows that Beijing has "absolutely no intention of treating India as an equal." "Instead of framing the disagreement with India as a legitimate dispute, Beijing has chosen to dismiss or mock New Delhi's concerns," he says in a blogpost. The two countries have for months been locked in a standoff after India blocked Chinese efforts to extend a border road through Doklam, a plateau that is claimed by both Bhutan and China. India, who is one of Bhutan's biggest allies, is concerned that the road would give China greater access to parts of India and is backing Bhutan's claim over the land. It later sent troops to stop China's construction of the road. As of now, both countries have yet to withdraw from the area. WATCH: Here?s how many people in the U.S. will possibly see the eclipse
10-Year-Old Indian Rape Victim Delivers Baby After Denied Abortion
Chicago activist loses US citizenship, will be deported
Southern anger: Nazis, KKK 'hijacking' Confederate debate
CHULAFINNEE, Ala. (AP) ? White Southerners who equate Old South symbols with regional pride rather than hate are even more on the defensive since neo-Nazis, Ku Klux Klansmen and other extremists became the face of the fight over Confederate monuments.
U.S. Navy to remove senior leaders of warship after deadly June crash
By Idrees Ali WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Navy will relieve the two senior officers and the senior enlisted sailor on a U.S. warship that collided with a Philippine container ship in June off the coast of Japan, the Navy said on Thursday, A separate official report released on Thursday contained dramatic accounts of what happened when the freighter hit the USS Fitzgerald, killing seven Navy sailors. Admiral Bill Moran, deputy chief of naval operations, told reporters that the USS Fitzgerald's commander, executive officer and master chief petty officer would be removed. Multiple U.S. and Japanese investigations are still under way into how the Fitzgerald, a guided missile destroyer, and the much larger ACX Crystal container ship collided in clear weather south of Tokyo Bay in the early hours of June 17.
Remains Found In April Have Been Identified As Those Of Teen Missing Since 2007
Trump responds to Barcelona terror attack: 'Be tough and strong, we love you!'
US President Donald Trump has condemned a recent van attack in Barcelona, vowing to do "whatever is necessary to help" in the aftermath. A van ploughed into pedestrians on Barcelona's busy "Las Ramblas" thoroughfare on Thursday evening, killing at least 13 people and injuring more than 50. Barcelona authorities said they are treating the incident as a terrorist attack.