Trump reacts to Barcelona terror by touting (debunked) anti-Muslim war crime tale
Does the Radical Left Pose a Violent Threat?
Witness: Cambrils terrorist taunted and smiled at police as they shot him
A witness told of how a terrorist responsible for the second attack in Spain yesterday taunted police before they shot him dead. Fitzroy Davies, from Wolverhampton, was caught up in the second attack in Cambrils and described what he saw. He told the BBC he was in Spain for a judo camp and was in a meeting with the coaches when the incident unfolded. "These girls ran into the bar off the street and then people were running up the road. "One of our guys stood up, looked and just said 'run', so we all ran. "This guy came running up the road and was shouting something. "I didn't know what it was, so we said call the police. "Within 30 seconds the police was already there, jumped out of the car, started shouting at the guy, the guy was then saying something else again. "And then they 'pop, pop', did a couple of shots and he fell down. "He stood back up and then he stepped over the fence and he started, he was taunting, smiling and he carried on walking to the police, and then they gave it to him again, a couple more shots and then he fell to the ground." In the early hours of Friday, as the world reeled after the attack in Barcelona, residents of the Spanish seaside resort of Cambrils fled in terror after five terrorists wearing suicide vests launched the second ramming attack in the country in a matter of hours. Suicide-vest wearing terrorists shot dead after second car attack 01:02 At least six people were hurt when the attackers drove into pedestrians before being shot dead by security forces, just hours after a similar attack in nearby Barcelona. Of the six civilians caught up in the Cambrils attack, two were said to be in a serious condition. The Audi A3 car rammed into people on the seaside promenade of the tourist city 74 miles south of Barcelona, where a van had earlier sped into a street packed full of tourists, killing 13 people and injuring around 100 others. Police said the suspects in Cambrils carried bomb belts, which were detonated by a police bomb squad. Media reports said a car crashed into a police vehicle and nearby civilians and police shot the attackers, one brandishing a knife. Police did not immediately say how the attack was being carried out. A police officer and five civilians were injured and two were in serious condition.
Prominent investigator exits Mueller team
Why Barack Obama is Our Most Viral President
The Latest: Lawyers for South Africa model consider court
U.S. Navy to remove senior leaders of warship after deadly June crash
By Idrees Ali WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Navy will relieve the two senior officers and the senior enlisted sailor on a U.S. warship that collided with a Philippine container ship in June off the coast of Japan, the Navy said on Thursday, A separate official report released on Thursday contained dramatic accounts of what happened when the freighter hit the USS Fitzgerald, killing seven Navy sailors. Admiral Bill Moran, deputy chief of naval operations, told reporters that the USS Fitzgerald's commander, executive officer and master chief petty officer would be removed. Multiple U.S. and Japanese investigations are still under way into how the Fitzgerald, a guided missile destroyer, and the much larger ACX Crystal container ship collided in clear weather south of Tokyo Bay in the early hours of June 17.
10-year-old India rape victim gives birth to baby girl
A 10-year-old rape victim whose plea for an abortion was rejected by India's Supreme Court has given birth to a baby girl, a doctor said Thursday. The girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was raped several times allegedly by an uncle who has since been arrested. Both the girl and her baby are doing fine," doctor Dasari Harish told AFP by phone from the northern Indian city of Chandigarh.
Steve Bannon Gives Bizarre Interview Amid Departure Rumors
Deadly van attack in Barcelona claimed by ISIS
A manhunt is underway for the driver of a van that mowed through crowds of tourists on Barcelona?s most famous avenue on Thursday, killing at least 13 people in an attack that was claimed by Islamic State. Police said they arrested two men, a Moroccan and a man from Spain?s north African enclave of Melilla, though neither was the driver. Also on Thursday, hours beforehand, a person was killed in an explosion in a house about 100 km (62 miles) southwest of Barcelona, in an incident linked to the attack, police added.