Falwell Jr. defends Trump's response to Charlottesville
Barcelona attacker stabbed man to death during escape: police
By Angus Berwick BARCELONA, Spain (Reuters) - Spain asked the rest of Europe to join the hunt for a young man thought to have been the driver in last week's deadly van attack in Barcelona as police said on Monday that he had also hijacked a car and killed its occupant during his escape. After driving at high speed into crowds on the city's famous avenue Las Ramblas last Thursday, killing 13 people, the suspected Islamist militant fled on foot and then hijacked the car as it was being parked, stabbing the driver to death, police said. The suspect, Moroccan-born Younes Abouyaaqoub, 22, then drove the hijacked car through a police checkpoint, police said.
The Latest: Pentagon chief confirms Navy probe of accidents
Couple Who Engaged In Sexual Act Aboard Southwest Airlines Flight Questioned
Spain attacks: The imam who 'ate up the brains' of youths
A dead Moroccan imam has become a key target of the probe into Spain's twin terror attacks, suspected of having created the cell in a picturesque town near the Spanish Pyrenees that allegedly launched the deadly assaults last week. The blast likely changed the plans of the attackers, who instead used vehicles to smash into pedestrians on Barcelona's busy Las Ramblas boulevard and in the seaside resort town of Cambrils. "On Tuesday morning, he left saying he was going on vacation to Morocco," said fruit-seller Nordeen El Haji, 45, who four months ago moved into the apartment that Satty occupied in Ripoll.
A Total Solar Eclipse Makes History as It Sweeps Across America
Inventor claims he dumped Swedish journalist's body after she died in 'accident' on his self-built submarine
The inventor who was the last person to see missing Swedish journalist Kim Wall after she vanished while taking a submarine trip for an article has changed his story, claiming he dumped her body in the sea after she died in an accident on his vessel. The 30-year-old, who has written for several respected international publications, was last seen on Mr Madsen's submarine on the night of 10 August. Kim Wall has still not been found Credit: TOM WALL/AFP/Getty Images Peter Madsen, 46, previously claimed they both escaped the submarine, which sank, alive, but now says she died onboard so he "buried her at sea", according to Danish police. Mr Masden, who has been accused of negligent manslaughter, "told police and the court that there was an accident on board the sub that led to the death of Kim Wall, and that he subsequently buried her at sea in an undefined location of the Koge Bay" south of Copenhagen, police said in a statement. The court case is taking place behind closed doors but the police revealed the inventor's explanation after a request from the defence and prosecution. Danish authorities have been searching for Wall, a 30-year-old reporter who had been writing a feature story about Madsen, since she failed to return from an interview with him aboard the 60-foot (18-metre) Nautilus. Peter Madsen (R), builder and captain of the private submarine "UC3 Nautilus" talks to a police officer in Dragoer Harbor south of Copenhagen on Friday, August 11 Credit: BAX LINDHARDT/AFP/Getty Images He was rescued by a private motorboat after his submarine sank and he swam to safety. The inventor, who is famous in his home county of Denmark for building the submarine, had set off with Ms Wall on the Thursday evening from Copenhagen's Refshale Island. His submarine had not returned by the early hours of Friday morning, so a search commenced and he was arrested after Ms Wall was not seen on shore. Police now believe she is dead and are searching for her body. The effort, which involves divers, helicopters and ships, has been under way along the route the submarine took since Friday. The journalist was born in Sweden and studied at the London School of Economics, Columbia University in New York and the Sorbonne in Paris. Kim Wall disappeared after taking the trip She divided her time between New York and Beijing and had written for the New York Times, Time Magazine and the Guardian. Mr Madsen appeared calm during an interview with Danish television shortly after the submarine sank, saying: ?I am fine, but sad because Nautilus went down.? He said there had been a problem with a ballast tank that ?turned into a major issue?. Nautilus, named after the ship from the classic science fiction novel Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, was built by Mr Madsen after raising $200,000 (£154,000) online.
Vehicle rams into bus shelters in Marseille kills one
Migrant boats in Black Sea spark fears of new route
Romanian authorities said Monday that they had caught a fishing boat with 68 asylum seekers off Romania's coast, the second such incident in a week, raising fears that a new migrant route to Europe is opening up. The boat carrying Iraqis and Syrians, including 23 children, was intercepted late Sunday in the Black Sea in Romania's southeastern Constanta region, officials said. The group was brought to the port of Mangalia for medical examinations on Monday before being handed over to the immigration authorities, she said.
Jerry Falwell Jr. on President Trump: He 'doesn't say what's politically correct'